Wednesday 20 February 2013

Lift Off


 
 We're off.
 BA flight BA0245 to Buenos Aires departs LHR 21.45 arrives BA 08.30
6 years ago when we travelled to South America with my sister and her husband we flew with Iberia via Madrid.  The experience was unpleasant.  Unknown to us Iberia allowed pets to travel in the cabin on longhaul flights and we had to suffer two yappy dogs for the best part of 12 hours.  One owner made more trips to the washroom with her dog than the rest of the economy cabin combined!  A few weeks before our departure, in an idle moment, I had signed up to Iberia's frequent flyer programme, and I had my shiny new card to prove it.  This proved a massive and fortunate compensation as the return flight was overbooked and we got upgraded to first class, much to the consternation of my brother-in-law who nearly got thrown off the flight for the persistence of his complaints.
BA may not be the cheapest, but I am only paying the taxes on this flight as I put all my credit card expenditure on an American Express affinity card.  I'm travelling on BA miles whilst Anni has taken my free companion ticket.   It's a great reward scheme and most of our longhaul flights have been funded this way. 

All being well, and if the technology works, my next report will be from Buenos Aires!!!









































 

No comments: